- Bring 6 cups of salted water to a boil. And preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Add 1 cup of Tidewater Grain Co White Carolina Gold Rice to the water. Bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to a medium simmer. Stir, but DO NOT cover the pan.
- Cook the rice in the simmering water for 12-15 minutes.
- Drain the rice in a fine mesh sieve or colander and rinse the rice in cold water.
- Spread the rice onto a foil or parchment paper covered baking sheet; place in a 300 degree preheated oven.
- After 5 minutes, season the rice the pepper and dot generously with 2 Tbsp. of butter. Return to the oven for 5 mins, more.
- Remove the rice from the oven and fluff with a fork before serving. Enjoy as is, or add your choice of fresh herbs or spices.
About Seasonal Roots
Since 2011, Seasonal Roots’ online farmers market has connected Virginia families with local family farmers who use sustainable, humane practices. Our neighborhood market managers – who believe in living better through scrumptious, healthy eating, being kind to animals, protecting the environment, and spreading joy – home-deliver freshly harvested produce, pastured eggs, grass fed dairy and meat, plus artisan fare. We empower our members to eat better and live better with more nutritious, flavorful food that’s good for us and good for the planet. More info at seasonalroots.com.