Discover a delicious and hassle-free way to enjoy zucchini with this easy zucchini boats recipe. Packed with flavorful fillings and baked to perfection, these zucchini boats are a nutritious and satisfying dish that will impress your taste buds. Try it today and enjoy a simple yet impressive meal!
- 3 zucchini
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 c. dry bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim stems from the zucchini and slice lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and put in bowl.
- Mix seeds with sausage, garlic, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese. Stuff squash with sausage mixture and place in a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Pour sauce over squash and cover pan with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until sausage is cooked.
- Remove foil and cover with mozzarella and a little more Parmesan cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Chiffonade the basil leaves and use to garnish.
About Seasonal Roots
Since 2011, Seasonal Roots’ online farmers market has connected Virginia families with local family farmers who use sustainable, humane practices. Our neighborhood market managers – who believe in living better through scrumptious, healthy eating, being kind to animals, protecting the environment, and spreading joy – home-deliver freshly harvested produce, pastured eggs, grass fed dairy and meat, plus artisan fare. We empower our members to eat better and live better with more nutritious, flavorful food that’s good for us and good for the planet. More info at seasonalroots.com.