Ingredients for the meatballs:
- 1lb ground Mild Italian Seasoned Pork
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Shredded Cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Basil Leaves – optional
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined. Using rounded tablespoon measure, shape 20 meatballs (1 1/2-inch); place in pan. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until no longer pink in center (at least 165°F).
- Meanwhile, fill a large pasta pot with 3-4 quarts water and generously salt. Bring to a rolling boil. Add Fresh Spaghetti to the boiling water and cook 1-2 minutes. Drain pasta and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. (pro-tip: Save a little of the pasta water if you need to thin out the marinara a little)
- In a shallow saucepan, warm the Traditional Marinara sauce over medium heat. Add fully cooked meatballs and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with remaining shredded cheese to taste. Buon appetito!
About Seasonal Roots
Since 2011, Seasonal Roots’ online farmers market has connected Virginia families with local family farmers who use sustainable, humane practices. Our neighborhood market managers – who believe in living better through scrumptious, healthy eating, being kind to animals, protecting the environment, and spreading joy – home-deliver freshly harvested produce, pastured eggs, grass fed dairy and meat, plus artisan fare. We empower our members to eat better and live better with more nutritious, flavorful food that’s good for us and good for the planet. More info at seasonalroots.com.