Karla Shares a Delicious Sourdough Melt Bundle Recipe
Karla Robinson, Director of Teams at Seasonal Roots, was on Coast Live in Virginia Beach Friday, May 13th to share the Sourdough Melt Bundle! She shared two different ways to prepare the sandwich and explained how fresh all the ingredients are. (See recipe versions below.)
If you’re interested in the Sourdough Melt Bundle, members can purchase it on the weekend of May 13th-15th. Every week, Seasonal Roots curates a bundle from local farmers, artisans and small businesses. Examples include: Oceans Bounty, Breakfast, Pasta Night, Chocolate Lovers, Vegetarian, Burger Night, Valentines Day, Mother’s Day, and more!
The great news is that viewers of the show (and readers of this blog) can enter code “CoastLiveSpring” when they sign up to join Seasonal Roots for 1-year for FREE. Offer expires end of day Monday, May 16th, 2022. More information about the offer can be found here.
Karla’s recipe follows below.
Sourdough Melt Recipe
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sourdough Boule from La Bella Vita Bakery
- 16 oz Fresh Mozzarella from Curds and Whey RVA
- Living Basil from Babylon Micro Farms
- Cluster Tomatoes from Sion House Farm
- Spring Garlic from Flores Farm
- Roasted Red Peppers from Curds and Whey RVA
- Take two slices of your sourdough bread, and layer the fresh mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, spring garlic, and roasted red peppers.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the sandwich and toast each side for about 3-5 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- In a food processor combine:
- Cluster tomatoes- at least 3 tomatoes, remove the core and cut into quarters
- Spring Garlic- trim ends from the bulb and remove the thin outside skin (can use about 2 inches of the stem)
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper
- 1/4 c of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt and Black Pepper
- Pulse until all are combined, use as the spread on your melt!
The Seasonal Roots online farmers market is open year-round (except for a few weeks in late December/early January). Regular items include farm fresh vegetables, fruit, milk, eggs, yogurt, baked goods, meat, seafood, dips/spreads, vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free options and a variety of artisan foods. Members can customize their orders each week or skip weeks if they will be out of town.
About the Seasonal Roots Market Manager Role:
Seasonal Roots custom orders are personally delivered by Market Managers (a.k.a. Veggie Fairies who live within the community. To learn more or apply, please go to: https://www.seasonalroots.com/market-manager-opportunity/ Seasonal Roots delivers to homes throughout the Fredericksburg, Greater Richmond, Hampton Roads, Northern Virginia, Williamsburg and Montgomery County, Maryland areas.
About Seasonal Roots
Since 2011, Seasonal Roots’ online farmers market has connected Virginia families with local family farmers who use sustainable, humane practices. Our neighborhood market managers – who believe in living better through scrumptious, healthy eating, being kind to animals, protecting the environment, and spreading joy – home-deliver freshly harvested produce, pastured eggs, grass fed dairy and meat, plus artisan fare. We empower our members to eat better and live better with more nutritious, flavorful food that’s good for us and good for the planet. More info at seasonalroots.com.