The Seasonal Roots Fiesta Bar is a Crowd Pleaser
Audrey, Market Manager (a.k.a. Veggie Fairy) was on CBS6 in Richmond on Thursday, May 5th to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Beside her, Bill Bevins and Jessica Knoll were there to assist in the live cooking demo and enjoy the results. Audrey prepared a delicious Fiesta Bar with local ingredients from the Seasonal Roots Cinco de Mayo Bundle, perfect for making tacos, nachos and even taco salad. If you’re feeding a group of family or friends, a Fiesta Bar is a great option. Everyone can choose exactly what they want from a variety of fresh ingredients.
The great news is that viewers of the show (and readers of the blog) can enter code “CBS6” when they sign up to join Seasonal Roots for 1-year for FREE. Offer expires end of day Thursday May 12, 2022. More information about the offer can be found here.
Audrey’s recipe follows below.
Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Bar
Having a Cinco de Mayo Party next weekend or just love all the flavors of taco night? Try this simple Fiesta Bar style dinner perfect for enjoying with family or friends!
- 2 lbs Ground Beef from Cattle Run Farm
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 20 pack Corn Tortillas from Salsa Don Sebastian
- 16 oz container Medium Salsa from Salsa Don Sebastian
- 1 bag Totopos from Salsa Don Sebastian
- 2 Spring Onions from Flores Farm, sliced
- 1 bunch Cilantro from Flores Farm, chopped
- 32 oz container Frijoles from Salsa Don Sebastian
- Cluster Tomatoes from Red Sun Farm, diced
- (2) 8oz containers Mild Queso from Farm at Red Hill
- 8 oz bag Shredded Cheese Blend from Mountain View Farm
- Hydro Bibb Lettuce from Sion House Farm
- 1 dozen Plain Churros from Interbakery Products
- Add the olive oil to a medium/large pan over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add Cumin, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Salt and Pepper. Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- Lay out all the vegetables, tortillas, salsa, queso, and totopos in containers so that everyone can assemble their tacos using their favorite ingredients.
- Serve the Churros as dessert!
About the Seasonal Roots Bundles:
Each week, Sam from Seasonal Roots works with local farmers and artisans to curate a variety of bundles to prepare a special meal or gift. Bundle examples include: steak night, ocean’s bounty, breakfast, chocolate lovers, pasta, grilling bundles, and more!
The Seasonal Roots online farmers market is open year-round (except for a few weeks in late December/early January. Regular items include farm fresh vegetables, fruit, milk, eggs, yogurt, baked goods, meat, seafood, dips/spreads, vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free options and a variety of artisan foods. Members can customize their orders each week or skip weeks if they will be out of town.
About the Seasonal Roots Market Manager Role:
Seasonal Roots custom orders are personally delivered by Market Managers (a.k.a. Veggie Fairy) who live within the community. To learn more or apply, please go to: https://www.seasonalroots.com/market-manager-opportunity/ Seasonal Roots delivers to homes throughout the Fredericksburg, Greater Richmond, Hampton Roads, Northern Virginia, Williamsburg and Montgomery County, Maryland areas.
About Seasonal Roots
Since 2011, Seasonal Roots’ online farmers market has connected Virginia families with local family farmers who use sustainable, humane practices. Our neighborhood market managers – who believe in living better through scrumptious, healthy eating, being kind to animals, protecting the environment, and spreading joy – home-deliver freshly harvested produce, pastured eggs, grass fed dairy and meat, plus artisan fare. We empower our members to eat better and live better with more nutritious, flavorful food that’s good for us and good for the planet. More info at seasonalroots.com.