- 2 cans Great Northern Beans
- 2-3 Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 clove Spring Garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch Curly Kale, chopped (large stems removed)
- 6 c. Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- In a heavy bottom large pot over high heat and melt butter.
- Add the onions and garlic and let cook until they become translucent.
- Sprinkle in the flour and give it a good stir. Whisk in half of the stock and the beans. Let cook for about 10 min.
- Add the rest of the stock, bring to a boil, then add the chopped kale.
- Bring it back to a boil then simmer for 15-20 min. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm!
About Seasonal Roots
Since 2011, Seasonal Roots’ online farmers market has connected Virginia families with local family farmers who use sustainable, humane practices. Our neighborhood market managers – who believe in living better through scrumptious, healthy eating, being kind to animals, protecting the environment, and spreading joy – home-deliver freshly harvested produce, pastured eggs, grass fed dairy and meat, plus artisan fare. We empower our members to eat better and live better with more nutritious, flavorful food that’s good for us and good for the planet. More info at seasonalroots.com.