Discover the perfect blend of smoky flavors and fresh ingredients in this roasted pepper and corn salsa recipe!
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 anaheim pepper
- 2 ears of corn, cut off the kernels
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Roast the whole peppers in the oven at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Combine tomatoes, cut corn, diced red onions, lemon and lime juice in a bowl and toss well to combine.
- Remove the tops, seeds and stems from the roasted peppers and then dice them and add to rest of the mix along with the cilantro.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand covered in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. You can make this in the blender as well for a finer texture. All of the steps will be the same except you do not have to dice all the veggies, just give them a rough chop.
About Seasonal Roots
Since 2011, Seasonal Roots’ online farmers market has connected Virginia families with local family farmers who use sustainable, humane practices. Our neighborhood market managers – who believe in living better through scrumptious, healthy eating, being kind to animals, protecting the environment, and spreading joy – home-deliver freshly harvested produce, pastured eggs, grass fed dairy and meat, plus artisan fare. We empower our members to eat better and live better with more nutritious, flavorful food that’s good for us and good for the planet. More info at seasonalroots.com.