- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tbsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 1 white onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ c. olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Start by preheating your oven to 375°. Toss the butternut squash in a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake on a lined and sprayed pan for about 30 minutes. Make sure to shake the pan a little every 10 minutes or so.
- While you are waiting for the squash to roast, use a small pan over low heat add your curry powder, nutmeg and cumin. Slowly mix the spices together in the pan until they become very fragrant. After a few minutes remove from the pan and whisk them together with the olive oil. As soon as the squash are removed from the oven toss them in the oil and spice combination. Gently mix them around until all of the squash is covered in the curry paste.
- Serve hot.
About Seasonal Roots
Since 2011, Seasonal Roots’ online farmers market has connected Virginia families with local family farmers who use sustainable, humane practices. Our neighborhood market managers – who believe in living better through scrumptious, healthy eating, being kind to animals, protecting the environment, and spreading joy – home-deliver freshly harvested produce, pastured eggs, grass fed dairy and meat, plus artisan fare. We empower our members to eat better and live better with more nutritious, flavorful food that’s good for us and good for the planet. More info at seasonalroots.com.