Beat the summer heat and make the most of your local seasonal bounty with this cucumber salad recipe. It’s a delightful and refreshing way to savor the vibrant flavors of summer!
- 3-4 tomatoes, cored and seeded
- 2 cucumbers, partially peeled and diced
- 1/2 white or red onion, sliced
- 1 bunch of mint, stems removed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp agave or honey
- Slice the tomatoes into ¼ inch thick slices. Sprinkle the tomato slices with a little salt and let them sit for about 15-20 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the tomatoes, whisk together a little salt and pepper along with the vinegar and honey. Make sure all of the honey has dissolved.
- Add the diced cucumbers and sliced onions to this mixture. Now use a paper towel to dab the top of the tomatoes dry. Give the sliced tomatoes a rough dice.
- Gently combine the tomatoes with the onion and cucumber mix and lastly throw in the chopped up mint.
- Let rest in the fridge covered for about 30 minutes before serving.
About Seasonal Roots
Since 2011, Seasonal Roots’ online farmers market has connected Virginia families with local family farmers who use sustainable, humane practices. Our neighborhood market managers – who believe in living better through scrumptious, healthy eating, being kind to animals, protecting the environment, and spreading joy – home-deliver freshly harvested produce, pastured eggs, grass fed dairy and meat, plus artisan fare. We empower our members to eat better and live better with more nutritious, flavorful food that’s good for us and good for the planet. More info at seasonalroots.com.