- Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add frozen ravioli to the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the ravioli floats to the top.
- Remove from heat, strain gently and return to pot. Save ½ cup of the pasta water to thin the pesto if desired!
Prepare the toppings:
- In a saute pan, heat some olive oil on medium high heat until the oil is loosened and good and hot.
- Add your cherry tomatoes, sautee hot and quickly to get them slightly browned. Lower heat to medium and add any other veggies you may want to include (onions, garlic, mushrooms, or curly kale are all great additions!). For added protein, consider adding some white beans!
- Season to taste with salt, basil, and crushed red pepper. Combine in pot with ravioli and pesto. Toss together gently! Feel free to add a little of the saved pasta water to thin the sauce out if desired!
About Seasonal Roots
Since 2011, Seasonal Roots’ online farmers market has connected Virginia families with local family farmers who use sustainable, humane practices. Our neighborhood market managers – who believe in living better through scrumptious, healthy eating, being kind to animals, protecting the environment, and spreading joy – home-deliver freshly harvested produce, pastured eggs, grass fed dairy and meat, plus artisan fare. We empower our members to eat better and live better with more nutritious, flavorful food that’s good for us and good for the planet. More info at seasonalroots.com.