RECIPES, FOOD TIPS, AND MORE!
First up — this is why we’re the best farmers market in Virginia:
7 WAYS OUR LOCAL FOOD WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE
Seven ways to eat better live better!
1. Convenient home delivery = a total time saver! All those perishables that have to be restocked the most often? We bring them right to your home or office. That equals fewer shopping trips.
2. Vetted farmers market fare = peace of mind. We know our family farmers, we know their produce and food items come from right here, and we know they rely on healthy, sustainable practices and treat their animals humanely. At a traditional market, you’re on your own, and it’s hard to know who to trust.
3. Guaranteed freshness = good taste and good health. We can guarantee it because everything is local or regional, harvested and delivered in a short period of time, and still packed with flavor and nutrients.
4. Dedicated customer service = more serenity, less aggravation. If there’s ever an issue, just email email@example.com or call 757-351-4565 and we’ll make it right. Meanwhile, at other markets, there’s no one to help you between market days.
5. More variety = less boredom, a more balanced diet, and a healthier eco-system. Whew! This is a big one. We partner with dozens of small family farms and food artisans, all growing and making different things. Whether you customize your basket or opt for the default, you’ll experience 7 kinds of sweet potatoes, 4 kinds of kale – hey, have you ever tried creamline whole milk? The list goes on and on. And our farmers’ sustainable practices include growing a wide variety of crops. Much better for the soil and the local eco-system than monocropping.
6. Reliable staples = save your energy for the exotic stuff. Every week you can count on us for your fruit, veggies, bread, cheese, eggs, milk, meats, and other basics, all of them fresh!
7. A team that loves what they do = more joy for everyone! Studies show that happiness and good health are closely connected. Smiles are contagious, so we pass ‘em on!
Read the rest of the newsletter below or view as a PDF.